Knowledge Base - Rebooting or restarting a desk or conference phone. [Yealink]
Removing the power to reboot can be tricky and could risk dropping the phone or damaging the power connector or the network connector (in the case of PoE power).
Rebooting a Yealink phone without this is a simple procedure:
- Locate the X (or cancel) key.
- Press and hold the X key until you see a prompt on the screen.
- Press the OK soft key (below the screen) to confirm the reboot.
- Wait for the reboot to complete.
- Your phone may update its configuration after the reboot which may result in a second reboot process automatically within a minute or two of the first reboot.
On a conference phone (CP860 / CP920 / CP960) there is no X key. On a CP930W you could turn the phone off and on (see related article below). The phone can be rebooted using the "user" account in the web interface. Note that this method should work with all Yealink phones:
- Obtain the IP address of the phone through the menu (related article below).
- Open a web browser, and enter this address in the web browser address bar (normally at the top of the window).
- Log in to the user account.
- Click the "Settings" menu.
- Click the "Upgrade" menu.
- Click the "Reboot" button.
- The phone should now reboot and update its configuration.
If the reason for your reboot is related to difficulty in updating your configuration, you might be recommended to Factory Reset your phone.
Yealink SIP-T21P-E2, Yealink SIP-T48G, Yealink SIP-T29G, Yealink CP860 (EOL), Yealink CP920, Yealink CP960, Yealink CP930W, Yealink SIP-T43U, Yealink SIP-T46U, EXP43
Factory resetting a Yealink desk or conference phone
How do I update configuration / provisioning? [Yealink]
Yealink CP930W - Turning Off / On