Knowledge Base - How do I assign a static IP to an SPA504G / SPA514G?
This article does NOT apply to the SPA525G2 - for that phone please see the related article.
The first step to assigning a static IP address to a phone is to collect the information. This may involve contacting your IT or Network Administrator.
You will need:
- IP Address (e.g., 192.168.1.245)
- Subnet Mask (e.g., 255.255.255.0)
- Default Gateway / Router Address (e.g., 192.168.1.1)
- DNS Servers (e.g., Google's 126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52)
Please send us this information. If your phone is able to connect to the internet, once we have assigned the information in provisioning a simple reboot of your phone will assign the new static address.
If your phone will not connect to the internet, you may need to set the information manually to match the information you want to be active. To do this, perform the following steps:
- Press the Menu button on the phone
- Scroll to Network and press select or dial 9
- The WAN Connection Type will be selected - by default it will be set to DHCP. To change this, press the edit button. Press the option button until you select Static IP. Then press the ok button.
- Scroll down to number 8, Non-DHCP IP Address and press the edit button
- Enter the IP address collected at the beginning of this guide. When complete, press the ok button
- Repeat these steps for the Subnet Mask, Default Gateway, and DNS Servers.
- When all information is entered, press the save button and then reboot the phone.
To enter a dot between the numbers, use the * key on the dial pad
If you have not forwarded the information to us to enter in provisioning your changes may be reversed within a couple minutes of rebooting your phone. You can use this time to test the results prior to requesting us to make the change permanent.
Cisco SPA504, Cisco SPA514G